bali mount batur sunrise trekking
Bali Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking has long been one of the highlights of the active travelers’s trip to Bali, The Mount Batur Sunrise Trek is one of our most popular tours for good reason. Not only do you get to explore an active volcano and get up close and personal with one of Bali’s most sacred mountains, but you also get to experience spectacular views of the sun bursting onto the horizon in a riot of oranges and yellows and slowly spreading over the caldera and lake below.
Your adventure starts with a briefing which is located at the foot of the mountain at 1,000 metres above sea level. After a quick pick-me-up of coffee and tea at the starting point, we’ll make our way up Mount Batur in the cool pre-dawn air under a blanket of stars.
The trek takes about one to two hours to reach the peak at 1,717 metres above sea level. Once you arrive at the highest point, it really feels as though you are on top of the world, as you can see the majestic peak of neighbouring Mt Abang hovering above the clouds, the distant cone of Mount Agung on the horizon, and the caldera lake spread out below.
At the top of the mountain we’ll soak up the beauty of the sunrise and refuel with a light breakfast of fruit and eggs boiled in volcanic steam. There will be plenty of time to relax and take photos of the sunrise and incredible scenery.
Then it’s off to explore the three younger craters and the most recent lava flows. As we make our way down we’ll take in the amazing volcanic landscape and might even come across a troop of mountain monkeys playing on the rocks. Finally we will arrive back at the Bali Sunrise Villas & Restaurant, where a driver will be waiting.
Your can end your Batur Sunrise Tour here, but we highly suggest adding a visit to the natural hot springs to your itinerary. The hot springs are located just down the road from Bali Sunrise Villas, and they offer the perfect opportunity to soak those sore muscles in the volcanically heated pools or cool off in the cold freshwater pools.
PRICE : USD 65/PERSON ( MINIMUM 2 PERSON )
MOUNT BATUR SUNRISE HIKING ITINERARY :
- 01.40 – 02.30 AM: Pick up time (depend on your hotel location).
- 03.45 AM: Arrival at starting point of Toyabungkah village.
- 06.15 AM: Arrival at the summit of Mount Batur (sunrise point).
- 07.00 AM: Continue our trek around the entire crater.
- 08.00 AM: Begin our descent to the finishing point of our trek (Toyabungkah village).
- 09.00 AM: Arrival at Toyabungkah village and board car.
- 10.30 AM: Stop off at a Balinese Coffee plantation (optional).
- 11.30 AM – 01.00 PM: Return arrival at your hotel (depend on your hotel location).
- Pick up and return to
- your hotel by air conditioned car.
- Experienced Mount trekking guides English speaking.
- Entrance Fee to Kintamani Area.
- Breakfast (at the summit) & drinking water & flashlights.
- 21% Government tax and Services.
WHAT TO BRING :
- Hiking shoes or sport shoes.
- Warm jacket & Long pants.
- Backpack & camera.
PICK UP TIME :
Ubud: 02:30 AM Kuta, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran: 01:40 AM
Sanur: 02:00 AM Seminyak, Canggu, Legian: 01:40 AM